For the fifty or more years I have been baking, I always start my Christmas baking with these rich, buttery cookies. Whether you call them Russian Teacakes, Mexican Wedding Cakes or Snowballs, they are an easy, delicious addition to your holiday table.
1 cup butter at room temperature
½ cup sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2¼ cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup finely chopped nuts
Additional confectioners' sugar for rolling
1. Mix thoroughly butter, sugar and vanilla.
2. Sift together and stir in the flour and salt.
3. Mix in the chopped nuts. Chill.
4. Roll into 1" balls and place on baking sheet (cookies do not spread).
5. Bake at 400° 10 to 12 minutes, until set but not brown.
6. While still warm, roll in confectioners' sugar. Cool. Roll in sugar again.
These cookies freeze well for up to 3 months. Video to follow below.
Join me over the next few days while I share with you 12 Days of the Best Christmas Cookies Ever.
|Hand rolling the cookies|
|Here is a peek at the complete tray of cookies|
I just love you!!!ReplyDelete