5 or 6 slices of bacon
two slices of bread
one ripe tomato, halved
salt and pepper
The most important part of preparing this meal is organization. None of the elements takes very long to cook so everything needs to be at hand.
- Set the table and get the coffee perking
- Place the tomato halves on a broiler pan and sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in broiler and cook for about 6 minutes. If you are using a toaster oven, cook these a few minutes ahead of time and keep warm on top of the oven.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon on a microwavable dish, cover lightly with a paper towel and cook on high for 4 minutes. Check and cook further if needed.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until well mixed and add 1/4 cup of water, whisk to blend.
- Warm a fry pan and coat with a teaspoon of butter.
- Set bread to toast.
- Add the eggs and cook over medium/low heat turning with a spatula until eggs are no longer runny but still moist. This will take about 4/5 minutes.
If you prefer fried eggs:
- Warm a small fry pan
- Coat lightly with butter
- Add eggs
- Cover and cook over low heat for 4/5 minutes
- Eggs are done when whites are set but the yolks are still runny.