2 oz. butter
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup sugar
3 oz. finely ground almonds, or almond flour
2 tablespoons cocoa, sifted
1 tablespoon rum extract
1 10-12 oz. pound cake, crumbed
6 oz. marzipan shaped into small balls
10 oz. bittersweet chocolate for dipping
2 oz. white chocolate for decorating
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar mixed with a few drops milk to make a very stiff frosting.
Few drops green and red food coloring.
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add almond extract, almonds and cocoa. Mix well.
3. Add cake crumbs and rum extract and mix well.
4. Shape into small balls and press marzipan into center.
5. Dip into chocolate. Place on waxed paper until set.
6. Decorate with white chocolate and a few drops of red and green frosting to resemble holly.
Makes about 4 dozen truffles.