3 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
2 oz bitter sweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- Beat eggs in mixer until frothy.
- Add cream of tarter if not using a copper bowl.
- Slowly add sugar, stopping to scrape down the bowl once or twice
- Transfer mixture to piping bag.
- Pipe mushroom tops and stems.
- Place in pre-heated 300 degree oven, turn oven off immediately.
- Leave in oven two or three hours or overnight.
- Assemble the mushrooms: cut stem points, apply chocolate to base of mushrooms and connect the stem.
WATCH THE VIDEO DEMONSTRATION