I always start my holiday cookie baking with these cookies. You may use any nut you like, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts (my favorite) or pecans.
1 cup butter at room temperature
½ cup sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup finely chopped nuts
1. Mix thoroughly butter, sugar and vanilla,
2. Sift together and stir in the flour and salt.
3. Mix in the chopped nuts. Chill.
4. Roll into 1" balls and place on ungreased baking sheet (cookies do not spread).
5. Bake at 400° 10 to 12 minutes, until set but not brown.
6. While still warm, roll in confectioners' sugar. Cool. Roll in sugar again.
May I invite you to become a subscriber? Just enter your e-address in the box on the upper right. You'll receive an e-mail alert when I post a new article. Absolutely no spam! Thank you.
Posted by Betty Bannerman Busciglio
Labels: Chesapeake Crab Cakes, cookies, Russian Teacakes
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment